Victron Centaur Charger 12/100(3) 120-240V
tell me more
Victron use the highest grade of components, robust and precise manufacturing procedures, and rigorous testing to ensure consistent high quality. This very simple universal AC battery charger is a useful addition to any battery system where AC power is available and batteries need to be kept topped up. (We believe solar is the best charging solution, but understand that mains options are required every now and then).
The Centaur range of battery chargers features auto-ranging input covering 90-265VAC 50/60Hz input meaning they can be used anywhere in the world.
Crucially, and unlike many other products that state universal input, the Centaur range will maintain full output power within the entire specified range. Other features include fully automatic three stage charge characteristic that ensures batteries are fully charged every time and three isolated charge outputs for multi battery configurations to suit the majority of typical installations.
The range spans 12V and 24V models from 16A through to 100A.
- Quality without compromise Aluminium epoxy powder coated cases with drip shield and stainless steel fixings withstand the rigors of an adverse environment: heat, humidity and salt air. Circuit boards are protected with an acrylic coating for maximum corrosion resistance. Temperature sensors ensure that power components will always operate within specified limits, if needed by automatic reduction of output current under extreme environmental conditions.
- Universal 90-265V AC input voltage range All models will operate without any adjustment needed over a 90 to 265 Volt input voltage range, whether
50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Three outputs that each can supply the full output current Three isolated outputs to simultaneously charge 3 battery banks Each output is capable to supply the full rated current.
- Three-stage charging, with temperature compensation The Centaur charges at bulk rate until the output has reduced to 70% of the rated Amps, at which a 4 hour timer begins. After the timed period the charger switches to float rate. An internal temperature sensor is used to compensate the charge voltage with – 2 mV/ºC (– 1 mV/ºF) per cell. A DIP switch is available to select the optimum charge/float voltages for Flooded Lead-acid, Gel or AGM batteries.
- Input voltage range: 90-265V (AC); 90-400V (DC)
- Charge Voltage Absorption: 14.3V (12V)
- Charge Voltage Float: 13.5V (12V)
- Recommended Battery Capacity: 400-1000Ah
- Battery Connection: M8 studs
- Protection: Output short circuit, over temperature, IP20
- Operating Temp: -20 to 60C
- Dimensions and Weight: See Datasheet