Victron Cyrix-ct 12/24V-120A battery combiner Kit Retail
This incredibly simple battery combiner kit from Victron Energy allows you to charge two separate battery banks from a single charging source with no risk of flattening your main bank.
By sensing the main battery bank voltage, the device will only connect the secondary bank to the source when the first is fully charged and will cut out if the main bank falls below a certain level. This ensures that the secondary bank can never drain the main bank.
Suitable for use with solar panels, wind power and alternators. There are no moving parts and the fully encapsulated electronics make it suitable for marine use.
- Bidirectional Voltage Sensitive Relay - will engage if the accessory battery is being charged by other means
- Intelligent Battery Monitoring - the Cyrix looks at the general trend of voltage increasing or decreasing, and reverses this action only if the trend has reversed.
- Easy to Install - no reason to cut into any factory wiring that may void the manufacturer's warranty on boats or vehicles.
To use, connect the stud marked with red to the positive terminal of your main or priority battery bank (the one connected to the charge source), and the other stud to the positive of your secondary bank. Finally connect the small black cable to the common negative. Good sound connections and adequate cables sizes are important for correct voltage sensing.
The kit includes:
- 6m RED 10mm2 cable
- 0.5m BLACK 10mm2 cable
- 0.2m BLACK 1.5mm2 cable assembly with M8 lug and 6.3mm fast on terminal
- 2 x M8 cable lug with insulation
- 4 x M6 cable lug with insulation
- 4 x cable tie
Please take a look at the datasheet in the 'Tell me more' section for installation instructions and a wiring diagram.
12 Volt: Makes at 13.3V and breaks at 12.8V
24 Volt: Makes at 27.4V and breaks at 25.6V
Dimensions: 335 x 235 x 50 mm
N.B: Due to their highly variable voltage, this VSR is not suitable for use with 'smart' alternators.