Victron BMV-702 Battery Monitor
tell me more
The BMV-702 - the newest precision battery monitor from Victron Energy.
The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere-hours consumed and the state of charge of a battery. Ampere-hours consumed are calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account. Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-702 series also displays state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts. The additional features of this BMV-702 compared to the 700 is the additional input which can be programmed to measure the voltage (of a second battery), battery temperature or midpoint voltage.
- Highest resolution: 10mA (0,01A) with 500A shunt.
- Lowest current consumption: 1mA.
- Midpoint voltage monitoring: only with BMV-702 can you monitor the midpoint voltage to improve battery care and check for failed batteries.
- Easiest to wire: the BMV-702 comes with shunt, 10 meter RJ 12 UTP cable and 2 meter battery cable with fuse.
- Easiest to install: separate front bezel for square or round appearance; ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Information & Alarms:
- Battery voltage (V)
- Battery charge/discharge current (A)
- Ampere-hours consumed (Ah)
- State of charge (%)
- Time-to-go at the current rate of discharge
- Visual and audible alarm: over- and under voltage, and/or battery discharged, temperature or midpoint voltage